Thursday, April 1, 2010

The DOs and DON'Ts of hosting the Dizzle Army

My Dizzle's left today :( which has me waxing nostalgic about their visit.  Therefore, I have compiled a list of all the DOs and DONTs of hosting a visit from the Dizzles.....

10.  DON'T let the Silver Bullet out without a leash  (see the Silver Bullet blog...)

9.  DO buy plenty of food and plan of feeding the likes of an Army.  In fact, I am calling them the Dizzle Army now.  They know how to eat.

8.  DON'T take Bdizzle and Mcdizzle to any more Whisky Distilleries.  Mcdizzle refused to go on the tour this trip because he hated it so bad last visit and Bdizzle now vows she has joined him (she missed it last time).  They think it smells like vomit.  Drama Queen also refuses to go back due to the same reason.  We took her on like 4 distillery tours one summer because we had so many visitors.  Now you can say the words "Jack Daniels" and she turns green.  I think it's funny, I don't know why.

9.  DON'T leave a plastic water bowl in the kennel with the Silver Bullet while you are gone.  It will not be whole when you get back.  She has separation anxiety and takes it out on the plastic.  When I took Pdizzle and Mcdizzle to the park yesterday, I left her a glass bowl of water.  She picked up the towel I left her to lay on and put it in the bowl full of water.  I guess she showed me....

7.  DO take them on death marches.  The only reason I say this is because I like to go hiking and it's a good reason for me to make my family go too.  Bwahahahahahaha......

6.  DON'T take a cranky Pdizzle to dinner and make him sit in a high chair.  He wants his own booth dang it.  If you try to do this he will sling a fork at you.  Been there.

5.  DON'T make any sudden noises at night or early in the morning.   When the Silver Bullet gets startled, she makes Dino from the Flintstones seem tame.  And Mr. H.B. is not really her favorite person so anything he does makes her bark like Dino too.

4.  DO give Pdizzle lots of t.v. safe balls to play with.  He is aspring to be the next great baseball or football hero and I think some major recruiters are after him already judging from the power behind that kid's arm.  (I was going to insert some clever sports players name here but I am sports illiterate for the most part so I refrained so as to not embarrass myself.)

5.  DO make sure you have an Internet connection that can handle some traffic!  I think at one time we had a P.C., like 4 laptops, and a couple of phones hooked up to the wireless Internet.  We were probably all sitting in the same room at one time all on Facebook.  You would think we could just spend time talking to each other but No, not us.

4.  DON'T let Pdizzle know you have the camera pointed at him if you want a good picture.  He's not having it no way, no how.  We finally learned to each take a camera and go at him from all sides.  Worked pretty good.....except when they took family pictures at Rutledge Falls.  Since I was the only one with a camera, it was a little bit trickier.  Yet, somehow we managed to get some good ones of him.  That's skill right there.

3.  DON'T expect to see a lot of Game Head and McDizzle.  They disappeared into "Loserscape" (Runescape) and pretty much stayed there the whole visit.  I'm not complaining, it was entertainment for them....

2.  DON'T let Madizzle and Funkitated near the big exercise ball.  They turned into some kind of weird see-saw while Madizzle was trying to work out the soreness from the death march.  It was kinda hard to watch....even harder to explain.

1.  DO plan on having a good time!  We did, as always, and I can't wait to do it all over again!!!!  Martha surely couldn't have had a better time on her visit to Winchester.  See..... she should have come to see me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment