Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patty's Day


Top O' the mornin' to ya (that's for you Jenny). In honor of the day that little green men are revered, I have decided to post my ode to all things that I love that are green. This is a blarney good list. (I know that isn't correct but I like the word blarney).


Here is my top ten list:

10. Vegetables: I wanted to just talk about cabbage but I really love most all green veggies. In fact, I can't think of one I don't like. Besides cabbage, I love brussel sprouts, which are really cabbage in my opinion, spinach, broccoli, turnips, well...you get the point. Love 'em or hate 'em, they are good for you. So, there....


09: DVR List button on my remote: It is green and it is fabulous. The best invention ever is the DVR. Thanks to it, I can fuel my love of almost all reality shows, Grey's Anatomy, Brother's and Sisters and too many others. Finding time to watch them is another story but they are there for me when I need them. Now if I can only record, fast-forward, and rewind my life....


08: My green "friar tuck" slipper socks (pictured above): These socks have been thus named this by my horse's butt (my term of endearment for my husband). These socks are ugly. However, I absolutely love them. They keep my feet warm and they are funky. You gotta mix it up a little bit.


07: The great outdoors: I am an avid outdoors person. Hiking is my bag baby! I love to wander around in the wilderness with no where to go. Now that we are done with the snow (I hope), everything is starting to turn green instead of brown. I love it! My grass now has a few sprigs of green in it and they increase everyday. Spring is tha bomb diggity.


06: Green beer and margaritas: These are perhaps two of the best green things. Beer can be any color and it is fabulous. I like American beer but any kind is awesome. I found myself consuming quite a large bit of it tonight. And margaritas.....I don't really need to say anything about them, they stand on their own merit!


05: Recycling: Did I say that I am an outdoors girl? Well, I meant it. What better way to show that you are an outdoors girl than by being green and recycling. I recycle everything that I can. Nothing inflames me more than seeing trash along side the road. I mean....this is 2010......pick up your damn trash. Better yet, don't throw it out your window, take it home, and RECYCLE IT!

04: Mold: Ok, not all mold but most mold goes through some sort of "green" phase. I included this because mold has transformed the world. Penicillin was made from mold and this drug has saved countless lives. Not mine because I am allergic but lots of others. How could I not include it?

03: Money: The best green thing ever....nuff said

02: My kids eyes: Ok, so Drama Queen's are kinda greenish blue but they are still green. And Game Head's are really green. Both of them are beautiful. The color green never looked so good.....


01: Me: This is because I am green with envy over Martha Stewart. When is she gonna step down and realize that I am better than her? Dang.....that girl just doesn't give up. One day she will relinquish her throne to me, I just know it.


So, this completes my list of green things I adore. I am sure there are others but this will have to do for now. Feel free to add your list of green favs as comments. I would love to hear them!


Good luck finding the pot o' gold and don't pinch too many peeps who didn't have the good sense to wear green.




No comments:

Post a Comment