Saturday, March 27, 2010

Silver Bullets, Death Marches, and Sasquatches

This morning started out good!  It was a lovely day here in TN and we only have those every now and then lately.  I mean, it was snowing two or three days ago.  So for it to get up to the 60s was a God send.  Must have been due to the Dizzle's visit.   So, we decided to make the most out of it. I made us all blueberry and chocolate chip pancakes and bacon and packed us a picnic.  Martha would be so proud! As we were getting ready to leave, I walked outside to see the possum that Drama Queen spotted in our yard (yes, OUR YARD...not on the farm at Nonna's but in our yard this time.  These little buggars are taking over I tell you....).  When I went out, I left the door open.  I am used to doing this as our dog has a shock collar to keep her in the yard.  Well, the Dizzles little dog (pictured above) doesn't of course and she shot out of that door like a bat out of hell.  She's not about hanging around either.  Therefore, Funkitated has aptly named her the silver bullet.  Let me tell you, she earned that name!  She can run like the wind blows.   And when you call her name, she just runs faster!  After many atempts by all to round her up, including her jumping through Madizzle's arms twice, she finally came back and let us capture her.  I am sure the neighbors got a good laugh out of that one as you can imagine it was quite a site.  So, with the silver bullet secured and the cars loaded up, we headed out. 

I'm a hiker.  Everyone knows that but I have an apparant obsession with it.  Therfore, when we have visitors, it is my mission to take them on a lovely walk in the woods.  Mr. H.B. calls these death marches.  They are not that bad, really.  Well...sometimes they are but I try to not do those when we have visitors.  Some of my visitors would disagree with you.  The Dizzles may be feeling that way this evening.  It's not that we went on a long hike per se, it's that we went down to the bottom of a really large waterfall.  It's a great hike....it's just downhill.....and then uphill...... and we had a baby with us.  All things considered, it was fine.  Our legs felt like spaghetti when we got to the bottom, mostly from carrying a 30lb or so baby some of the way down, but everyone made it and no injuries were sustained despite the rather large, sharp rocks that were all around us.  Game Head was on a mission to scale the largest rocks he could find and Drama Queen just keep getting mad that we wouldn't let her take control of the baby and carry him around all day, even though she is only 8 years old.  Funkitated did manage to almost wind up in the creek and I almost got a picture but he righted himself before he could make a splash down much to my chagrin.  I got all excited when I thought I saw a sighting of a sasquatch a couple of times.  So I yelled, "Red Robin".  I did hear back, "Yummmmmm....", but it was just Funkitated and Mr. H.B.  In my defense,  they do look quite a bit like sasquatches.....big feet and all hairy and stuff......at least I was close.

After we left the death march, we proceeded to a couple of more small hiking adventures where we got to see some really great scenery and take some great pictures.  We even crossed some swinging bridges.  Bdizzle and Madizzle swear they will not be able to walk tomorrow and Funkitated has already taken some asprin to thwart the effects of our adventures today.  We tried in vain to get picture of McDizzle smiling but we did wind up with some pics where he was smirking at least.  All-in-all, it was a success!  We came home with everyone and no injuries even though there were a few close calls a time or two....including Funkitated trying to sacrifice Game Head on a big rock and then Game Head trying to do the same thing to his daddy a little while later.  It's a little tradition we have.....I don't know how that one came about.   We are all beat and will probably sleep for like 16 hours tonight.  At least I hope so.  Wonder what kind of trouble we can get into tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment