Thursday, March 18, 2010

Texts from last night and possum stew


Well...the kids are away with the grandparents for spring break which has me missing them pretty bad. Not bad enough to be desperate for them to come home quite yet, but bad none the less. I try to talk to them at night before they go to bed just to tell them good night or what-not but didn't get to last night due to the green beer at Jacks. Darn green beer. Therefore, after we got home I sent Game Head a text to see if he was awake in hopes that I could tell him and Drama Queen "Sleep Tight". Turns out he was awake and, as teenagers always are, he was more than willing to text. Started out pretty normal stuff but quickly got bizzare, which has me wondering how this would look on the website textsfromlastnight.com. Keep in mind that my kids are in the middle of the country in Mississippi and have been planting watermelons and various vegetables all week. That will help explain the following:

Me: R u still up?
Game Head: Yea why?

Me: U R up late. I was just gonna call abd tell u good nitre....love u! (This is actually the way I spelled it....darn green beer)

Game Head: Ditto! Abn and nitre? lol.

Me: Huh?

Game Head: You said "u r up late. I just wanted to call abn tell you good nitre. Luv u!"

Me: Lol...sorry. Typos. Did you have a good day?

Game Head: Yea but it was wet and rainy

Me: Awe...it was here too. Maybe it will b better tomorrow.

Game Head: Holy Crap!!!!!!

Me: Holy Crap what?

Game Head: I muted my tv cause i heard something. It was chickens and dogs and a big ol noise! I woke up nona and we went outside to check. Nothing had happened but theres a possum in the cage! It scared me half to death but its ok now.

Me: Good gracious........the perils of country living.

Game Head: Yea lol i used my ipod light to navigate through the dark house to the chicken yard. We though either a dog or a cyote toughed the hot wire. I think we gotta kill the possum >.< I dont wanna watch! But i think everything will be ok.
Me: Did ya'll get the possum out yet? Who is gonna kill it?

Game Head: No we just discovered it now. Idk pawpaw prob. the one but I hope he just sets it free some where else.

Me: Is it out of the pen? Did Nonna go back to bed?
Game Head: No it was cought on the porch. Those things look crazy! They are big and have a white head! I knocked over a stool why trying to get a better look at them thangs have monster teeth!

Me: Did ya'll have a cage on the porch?
Game Head: Yea beside the cat food cause something was taking nonas kat fewd (I am not making up this spelling o.k.....)

Me: Well I guess it was a possum...
Game Head: Yea but we thought it was mr. Malettes dogs.

Me: so possum stew tomorrow nite for dinner?
Game Head: Ewww no lol
Me: Come on...tastes like chicken if u fry it. I guess Drama Queen slept through all the commotion?

Game Head: Knocked out. What are you doing up so late? Dont you have to work?

This is where I lied and said:
Me: Yep but I stay up this late every nite. U just don't know b/c u r usually asleep. U need to work on that now.

Dude, I can't make this kind of crap up......What an education my kids are getting on spring break....
Another funny thing about possum, my friend Chris had one in his garage last week and had possum stew too. Must be good weather for it. I'll bet Martha would make possum stew too. Mine would be better :)






4 comments:

  1. Sorry about the formatting. It kept getting all messed up and the more I tried to fix it, the worse it got so I am just leaving it like this lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do realize that my possum went on to have a happy life with the Animal Control guy. Your Possum Stew would be great though... Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL....yes I do. I hoped so anyway ;) Ours was set free far away from the Kat Fewd! No harmed possums here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool points awarded to Chris for making possum stew have been withdrawn!!! LOL i knew better. I'm sure you fooled alot of peple though!

    ReplyDelete