Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ode to the Tide Stain Stick

Sorry for the lapse in blogging for the last few days.  Ok, so maybe ya'll didn't miss me but I missed blogging.  I have been busy trying to take over Martha's empire.  I have a grand scheme to take her down while she is jogging outside of her little country that she has set up in the northeast (it's like a country inside of New York for goodness sake and yes I have google earthed it).  I have been using salvaged doghair to fashion a wig that looks just like hers so that I can just take her out and then quickly take her place and jog right into my little empire.  *Sigh*....if only it were that easy.  So anyway....on to the Tide Stain Stick, the greatest invention since bacon flavored salt.  Yes folks, I saw that for sale the other day.  The Horse's Butt is very infatuated with this new invention.  He loves him some bacon.

So..... Tide Stain Sticks should be a staple of every woman's purse!  I, myself, ALWAYS carry one.  It has bailed me out of plenty o' situations.  You see, I am a messy girl.  I don't know if I have a hole in my lip or what but I always get food on me.  I hate to admit it but it is true.  Apparantly that is a problem among us girls as several of my friends have the same problem.  As my friend says, we have a "shelf" that catches everything, some of us bigger than others. Ok, so the Tide Stain Stick doesn't work for everyone.  It has to be used by an accomplished professional.  Use it more than say, 5 or 6 times, and you are an apprentice.  Get to using it on a regular basis and maybe you will attain professional status one day.  I am the queen I tell you!  I have kids, I use it EVERYDAY!  I guess you can tell....I like it.  I recently uploaded a picture of someone using it at work (thanks Donna) to the Tide Stain Stick facebook page and got a coupon for a free Tide Stain Stick in the mail.  Can't beat that with a stick!

Instructions for using the Tide Stain Stick:
Don't be scared to use the Tide Stain Stick.  Get that sucker good and wet (I know that sounds dirty but it's really not....seriously......).  Rub the stain vigorously with the end of the stick (again, get your mind out of the gutter).  The spot will dry.  I will admit that I have found that on some fabrics and colors, a residue will remain.  That factor begs the question, would you rather have spaghetti on your shirt or a spot that looks a little like toothpaste?  Not that this happens everytime....

I am simply saying that a girl can never have a too many weapons in her arsenal of tools and this is a good one to put in there.  Going on a drive, pack the stain stick.  Going hiking in the mountains, pack the stain stick.  Going to embarass the kids at prom by walking them in and taking pics of them at the door, punch bowl, and dancing the first dance, put the Tide Stain Stick in your bra.  A girl can never be too careful.  I think Martha would be proud of me!

1 comment:

  1. I too have an obsession with having a tide stick on me at all times..I have one in every car we own, and many in all the bathroom drawers so the kids can use them..I also carry one or two in my purse at all times..I have backups for the backups and yes the kids have one in their backpacks..Is this sad? I think its being prepared..I have saved the skin of many of my family, friends and yes even strangers by carrying this wonderful invention with me at all times..Every woman and mother should have one with them at all times..

    ReplyDelete